July 26, 2009

My Garden

I have decided to work on my garden this summer- with mixed results. I am just doing it a little at a time. I love the planting and seeing things grow and bloom, but of course don't enjoy the weeding. Since I don't have kids to blog about, I guess I will blog about my garden!


This is my vegetable garden. Lots of tomatoes and peppers, Yum!


I saw a artichoke plant at Home Depot and thought "what the heck" so I bought it and planted it. It is growing, but we will see if it "bears fruit" or vegetable, hopefully vegetable!


This is my herb garden. Thyme, basil, cilantro, chives, sage and rosemary. I probably won't use them very often, but they smell good.

These are the flowers to a Thai Basil plant. Love how pretty they are. I might have to plant them in my flower garden next year.

I planted some cala lilies in my flower garden and they are starting to bloom. By far the best part of my garden so far. I will definitely plant more of these next year.

3 comments:

  1. I love it...I want a garden! Every year I keep thinking this year will be the one but I think i may be next year :) I can't wait to see it in person...and I bet you do use the herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garden--I wish I hadn't killed my herbs....I think you got the green thumb.

    ReplyDelete