January 26, 2010

Rafting the Gauley River- September 2009



In September I was able to go whitewater rafting on the Gauley River in West Virginia. For most of the year the river is just a trickle of water. But, every fall when they open up the dam, the river turns into one of the top whitewater rivers in the US- or so I was told. It was amazing. It was the first real whitewater rafting I have done and now I definitely want to do more.


floating on a lazy part of the river

We were attempting to "surf" and I am about to fall out of the boat
Rafting Pillow Rock rapid, we were all supposed to touch the rock with our paddles, as you can see we didn't all make it.


Running Pillow Rock rapid

Paddling hard
Rich, Lauren and Me on a quiet part of the river
Our group- Chrystal, Didi, Me, Rich and Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment